Karpman & Associates is an approved MCLE provider. Ms. Karpman is a frequent speaker on
legal ethics and professional responsibility to bar associations and law firms. Mr. Strauss is a
MCLE presenter on topics related to State Bar Discipline and professional responsibility.
A partial listing of MCLE programs relating to professional responsibility and competency
programs which Ms. Karpman has presented recently and are available to present include:
1. Ethical Risks of Online Communications by Law Firms.
2. Advertising for the Next Generation.
3. Ethical Considerations in Public Sector Law.
4. Essential Tools for Lawyers.
5. Really Interesting Lawyer Stuff - The Best and Worst of 2007.
6. Conflicting Views of In-House and Outside Counsel. What Constitutes a 'Conflict of
Interest' and Under What Circumstances Can and Should They be Waived.
7. The Top Ethics Traps for Lawyers.
8. Not Just Your Attorney's Responsibility.
9. Aggregate Litigation Issues.
10. Something for Everyone.
11. Small and Solo Discipline.
12. Aggregate Litigation Issues.
13. Recent Cases Have Pushed Conflicts Over the Edge.
14. The Ethics of Aggregate Settlements.
15. Technology Issues, Is Email Ever Dead?
16. Using Support Staff and Staying Out of Trouble.
17. Legal Ethics with Special Ethical Issues for the Trial Lawyer.
18. Ethical and Legal Obligations.
Karpman & Associates structures seminars covering all subjects relating to professional
responsibility and ethics, which accord attendees full MCLE credit from the State Bar of
California. Ms. Karpman is a former Chair of the State Bar Minimum Continuing Legal